Monday, December 18, 2006

Welcome Dreamers, Wanderers & The Like

Welcome to Nomads, Indians & Saints. I started this blog to create a space
to write about the things that have been heavy on my mind over the past couple of years... namely, community, like-minded people I'd like to partner in ministry with, thoughts on the Kingdom and general wonderings that I encounter throughout my days and moments. I was hesitant to create this space because sometimes ideas are safer swimming around in my mind than actually written out. But I went ahead with it because I feel like the present is a significant time in my community and I hope that more intentional thinking/interactions/questions might lead to more insight on where God is moving & leading as well as a deeper sense of the adventure we collectively share.

The name of the blog comes from a favorite Indigo Girls song World Falls... "I wish I was a nomad, an indian or a saint/The edge of death would disappear, leave me nothing left to taint/I wish I was a nomad, an indian or a saint/Give me walking shoes, feathered arms and a key to heaven's gate/This world falls on me with dreams of immortality/Everywhere I turn all the beauty just keeps shaking me"

No comments: